Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day Six

Today was really exciting because we got to go to these different sites and learn new things about what Winix does with her job and what plants there are, it was fun filled because I was excited to learn things and meet people even if it was just one person (which it was) and I was waiting for dinner because we were going to have their first foods which I couldn't wait for. We met Mike and he told us that they have certain spots and places they go to get the tadpoles and where they grow up and how the fish move, also which type of fish they have around and that they try to keep them around all year but sometimes they can't. We also invited him to have dinner with us, which at this point I couldn't wait to have I could almost taste it. After we were there we went to this place that they have picked huckleberries and you could smell it as we got off the van (but I thought we were hiking) and we went up to the spot while she told us that a variety of people have went through and raked the huckleberries making it harder for the plants to grow, she told us to not be afraid to tell stories of how we do it or stories of when we went picking (but I was to scared to). After we talked to her about these things then we went to the lake and swam but most of us didn't, the funny thing was when Alexis tried to jump in and I felt so bad for her and I didn't laugh so I asked if she was fine but she didn't hear me at first.

We then got back on the vans and got changed to do some yoga (so exciting no lie) and we did some intense yoga with Acosia Red Elk and I loved every bit of it even though it was hard to do and I'm not as flexible but I did it. I felt sore but with me I always feel good when I'm sore, and we went back to help get dinner prepared and sang so we could eat which reminded me of home. We ate then we checked the glass art work out to see how it was and then we hung out. I excluded myself from everyone for a personal reason and I sat with Alexis and she listened to my story as I had to really use the restroom. They put on a laser light show and then we went to shower, we all came back to sleep and hope that the next day was going to be exciting not terrible hopefully not as long.

1 comment:

  1. You are seeing places you might not have ever seen otherwise. I am happy to see you are taking full advantage of this opportunity. I can't wait to hear about the trip when I see you next!
    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete