Friday, July 21, 2017

Day Thirteen - Our last full day

Our last full day, wow this trip went by so fast and I want to go back and do it again. We went to this place and met Landon Charlo and he talked about the most known woodpecker "Woody" and said that the pileated woodpecker is a keystone species and it was so amazing to hear him talk about this. He went to WSU, the school I dislike, he started off doing sociology, then fisheries, and he made his mind up that he wanted to do Wildlife stuff. He took us to the top of the ridge and Ms. Trease didn't want to go all the way up, but she made it and I'm proud of her. We made it to the top and it was gorgeous and I just want to live there, but I can't not yet at least. He took us up there and explained that he had tons of schooling, and he told us about this program and someone asked if we could intern which I hope to do. I'm so looking forward to coming back to the places we've been and intern and volunteer. It's so nice. After a while we went to the Julyamsh and I enjoyed it a lot, me and Joel talked about the outfits and how big and long grand entry was. I love pow wows.

No comments:

Post a Comment