Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day Five

Today we woke up and it wasn't as cold as Bend was and that excited me but I would want to have a little bit more cold. After we all got our breakfast we made lunch and followed Winix to governant center and she presented something to us that was about the first foods and what it was about, and it was so amazing. After the meeting we went to the Umatilla Plant Nursery center and learned about these different plants and how they take care of them in different ways also what they get from people and where they go. They taught us a few things and where they plant them until they get to a bigger size to get transplanted somewhere else, either where the plants were ordered from or to a different place in the facility. All day it was hot but it was so worth it and I loved working for them that day. We cut some dogwood and moved it to grow differently or grow newer leaves, but we did that and then we all split up and the people I was with were doing cuttings; we cut these branches in a certain way, took some leaves off, put them in little buckets, took them outside to the greenhouse, and planted them in these small cones. It was hard to do but I loved it and did what I felt I could, I got a headache and I have a bad shoulder but that didn't stop me from doing anything.

After we that we went back and calmed down a bit, we got excited when we got to do the glass art that was planned for us, which was amazing to see, and we enjoyed her talking about how different but similar the art work was. We paid very close attention because not to long after she showed us what she has done and what we could do, then we all voted on what we wanted to do (but I can't remember what the one I did was called) after we chose what we would do then she split us up and most went to shower for the longest time ever while our first group did the art work. Afterwards the group got back and they did glass art work and we went to shower, I've never appreciate longer than three minutes than I did that day, but we didn't take to long and we got in the car and went back I noticed that Ms. Trease (White Swan teacher) was getting stuff out for dinner and I offered to help which I did and we started dinner and helped a little throughout and we all ended up outside which was when we ate. I enjoyed dinner very much.

After all this chaos we went to sleep and hoped the next day would be as exciting and fun filled as the day was.

No comments:

Post a Comment