Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day Three

Today we went to Sparks Lake and did some physical work which made me happy because I felt like I haven't done much. My crew was on dinner tonight and even then I almost ran out of jobs to do. It was amazing and I couldn't believe the view and I loved every second I got to see it, it amazed me and I'm glad I got to do some stuff today. At the end of the day we went into the shade and talked to this man named Tom Walker and he told us a lot about what was happening with the fish and the trees and why it was happening. It was hard to understand some of what he was saying but I got some of the things he mentioned. He went to Oregon State for college and studied Fisheries Biology and didn't get his permanent job until 1992 which was a long time but he has done internships and a lot of other things. When he was talking he told us that they stocked fish in the Twin Lakes but there was never any native fish to the water. Afterwards they took us to shower or swim but I couldn't swim for a personal reason and we went to shower and I was really glad that I could shower but even after I was walking around with no shoes or socks on, I'm used to it so much so I just did even though I shouldn't have. We went to South Twin Lake to shower and some of us swam but I didn't and I was fine with it. Today was amazing and we ended dinner with talking about our day once again. I love this trip and every inch of tree and water and wildlife that we see, it's all so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment