Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day One

Today I woke up late and I felt so bad because I am never late, but we made it and I'm glad that we got to come here. We made it to Heritage University and we saw that there was a few heritage students and I was kind of afraid to socialize with them. I got to ride with the White Swan high school teacher Mr. Clinton for a second time coming on this trip. I got told by Jessica that I could bring a friend or two and I took two of my friends with me and they also rode with us here but we had tons of fun.

It was very amazing to see lots and lots of trees on the drive to Bend, Oregon and I loved feeling the nice air in my face. I got to meet the Heritage students but not personally and I got to set up a small tent for our other White Swan teacher Ms. Trease, and me and my friend Sadonia got a 5 person tent but we also have air mattresses so those took up a lot of space. We arrived to camp and it is still as amazing as before. I'm glad to come on this trip and I'm very thankful that I could come on this trip. So far this trip has been really fun, I saw these birds in Biggs where we stopped and they looked so fluffy but I say that about a lot of things. On the drive to Biggs it was a bit dry but it still looked very beautiful and I enjoyed seeing the view and the mountains.

So far everything here in Bend ceases to surprise me and I'm glad, I'm looking forward to be surprised the rest of this trip. They split us up into teams and no one understands why and not even me, we have yet to figure it all out and be amazed at what we do. Dinner tonight someone stood up and said we should practice talking in front of each other and now it's a things were going to do from here on. I'm scared to speak in front of people but I talked and now it's over and done with, hopefully I get used to it.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to practice talking in front of other people, even people you don't know very well. I'm sure you have some important thoughts and ideas that others can benefit from. it looks like your on an interesting trip and I hope it is a good experience.

    ReplyDelete