Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Day Ten

Today was more beautiful than I thought it'd be, and I love that we had so much time but we needed to wake up early. We went to the Spokane Tribal Fish Hatchery and I loved it so much because you know I love fish and I enjoy it so very much. I took so many notes it's unbelievable but I love it because I learn so much and I'd rather not do anything but this because it was so much knowledge that was being passed down from them to us and I'm proud that I got to hang out with some cool people. After we learned tons of stuff from people at the fish hatchery we went somewhere but I'm not sure where and I got a volunteer part when ever I'm free to. I learned that in 1939 when the Grand Coulee Dam was built it covered up so many parts of the salmon run and it really frustrated me because I want to do something about it, but I can't right now.

We met Eddy in the picture above and two other men, Eddy was the one I talked to about the volunteer part and I could talk to him for ages on how I wouldn't be bored even if we just wanted to sit somewhere. I also learned that since they lost salmon in a way they moved from fishing to a big game reservation which made me happy because I want to go hunting but haven't before. Today was long but I loved it so so so much and after a long while today we finally went canoeing and I got to swim with Joel. I'm not sure if he knows yet but he's a big part of my life now and so are a couple other people like Jose and Alexis. I'm proud to know these people and to learn new things every day.


1 comment:

  1. We here at the STOI DNR hope you enjoyed your visit with us Judy, your a special person with qualities of a great leader. Continue to follow your dreams and goals. GOD has a plan for you and has placed within you the ability to do anything you set your mind to. GOD BLESS... DREAM BIG...

    ReplyDelete